HENS Therapeutic farm
Healing Enhanced by Nature, Social connections and Therapeutic activities
HENS therapeutic farm provides a safe space for users to explore and experience the healing power of nature while forming social connections and engaging in meaningful activities that promote a sense of increased well-being.
The aim is to provide:
- A location with an atmosphere of safety and belonging that fosters interpersonal connections reducing the sense of isolation, loneliness and disconnect that is sadly prominent in our communities today.
- A space that is welcoming and respectful to all visitors and to their life’s journey so far
- A space that is dedicated to respecting and appreciating nature.
- A space that allows us to reestablish a connection with our selves.
- An atmosphere that fosters meaningful connection with others.
- Activities that offer visitors the opportunity to explore/re-explore what provides a sense of meaning in their lives.
- Activities that give visitors the opportunity to be fully present and to experience a sense of joy and peace of mind.
- Opportunity for exploration and development of strategies and interventions that visitors can take with them, use and apply in their daily lives to promote an increasing sense of self-mastery and well-being.
- A service where the users’ needs are listened to and their voice is heard and wishes respected.
- A service that has the potential to adapt to the needs of the service users (e.g. new activities/new groups are introduced to meet service user needs/interests).
- Spending time with the animals - Alpacas (including Alpaca walks), donkeys, goats and hens
- Bottle feeding the foster lambs and calves (availability dependent)
- Spending time in and around the fairy fort
- Exploring the old graveyard
- Activities in the cottage – baking, knitting, painting, clay work etc
- Through either 1:1 or group-based sessions we can explore the areas of our lives that are particularly challenging and impacting on our day to day emotional well-being, our social engagement and with tasks/activities we need to complete.
- Horticulture and gardening
My wish is to use the resources of HENS farm and the years of therapeutic and personal experience I have to help others who are on their own recovering and healing journeys.
My wish for you, when you attend HENS farm, is that you feel you are entering into a space of true compassion that allows you to experience a sense of safety and trust, knowing YOU decide, at YOUR OWN PACE, when and what activities you engage in.
My wish is to EMPOWER YOU by providing you with knowledge, techniques and strategies that you will continue to use as you move forward in your daily life with an ever-increasing sense of self-mastery and optimism.